Thursday, March 6, 2008

Back in Dallas

OK everybody, this is my first blog ever, and I don't really know what to do or say. I will try to update it regularly and will mainly be updating you all on what is happening in China while on tour with The Sound of Music.

Well after 2 days on the road, I am finally back in Dallas. My Dad and I packed up my apartment on Monday and drove from New York to Dallas. I did most of the driving, and my dad did most of the sleeping. Along they way we stopped in Abingdon, VA and said hi to one of my favorite people in the world, Evalyn Baron. It was so good to see her one last time and to say goodbye. Hopefully this time next year, I will be working there, at the Barter Theatre! Once we got to Dallas, we had to move all of my brother's furniture out to his new apartment, and we moved all of my furniture in to his old room. Right now my entire life is laying around me in boxes and suitcases and in bubble wrap. It is a mess and I don't know how I'm going to begin unpacking it all, while preparing for China (which is in 3 days), and learning 4 roles for this show. Oh ya, in case some of you didn't know, the Producers called me yesterday and asked if I could take on 2 more understudy roles. So now I will be covering 4 different tracks on this tour, my own (Nazi youth, and others), as well as Rolf understudy, and understudy for Herr Zeller, and someone else that they said I will learn after we open. This all seems daunting and impossible, but its a good experience and more money!

The last weekend in NYC was awesome. I had a great party at Bar 82 on Friday night, and the Fallier's threw Maddy and awesome party on Saturday night. I had the best time, and I was overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of all the Long Island yankees, especially the Falliers. They even had a cake with our names on it, that was pretty sweet! On Sunday night, I had dinner at Sushi Samba with Jaselyn who just returned from a super successful trip to Providence, to visit her new school. I can't believe she is going to be in Brown getting her Masters and I will be trying to finish up my undergrad at NYU. Oh well! I miss NYC so much, and I miss everyone there. Thanks to everyone who came to my party and said goodbye, I will miss you all! I guess I'm off to do more unpacking/packing.

4 comments:

compostmoi said...

JUST WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN!!!!! And I will happily read it all...and comment profusely! SOOOOO good to see you...and meet your adorable Dad...how very good of you to stop in Abingdon and see me...what a swell surprise...sadly, my schedule didn't allow for more than a good hug,but that was filled with all the love and best wishes I could hope to give you as a going-away BonVoyage blessing! Please do write it ALL down! Peter joins me in sending love...xxev

Dillon said...

welcome aboard, Chris. I'm the sound engineer on the tour and am looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in Chengdu. Enjoy your last days in the US!

Greg Maheu said...

Hey Chris! I've been snooping around trying to figure out who you were for several days now. I'm going out on tour with you as well. :) What else are you doing with the Producers? It sounds like you're going to have your hands pretty full. Can't wait to meet you!

JOHN WEIGAND said...

Very entertaining. You're an excellent writer. Look forward to reading more about your experiences. -John W.(Zeller)